List menu / drill down navigation display content of menu in a list. Usually the list menu contain an icon or image, a title and sometimes with the additional description as well. List menu / drill down navigation can be extremely useful and user-friendly, when your app contain large amount of content that organized in list over multiple levels.
The Pros of Using List / Drill Down Menu
- Provide user-friendly navigation that arrange according to alphabetical order, priority or group.
- Provide detailed content to your user.
- Ensure the accuracy of content that provided to your user through drill-down process.
The Cons of Using List / Drill Down Menu
- Your user might lose his patience.
- Your user might get lost if there is too may levels of content.
- Keep the depth of your list menu content within 3 levels.
- Include easy understand icon / image in your list menu.
- Include additional description / info in your list menu.
- Always test and rearrange the list menu before release it to marketplace.
Example of Using List / Drill Down Menu